Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sail Awolnation Song Meaning


This is an older post I removed by mistake some how. I know it does not go with the current them of this blog but here it will remain.

The Main Lyrics (none repeating)
This is how I show my love
I made it in my mind because
This is how an angel cries
I blame it on my own sick pride
Maybe I should cry for help
Maybe I should kill myself
Maybe I’m a different breed
Maybe I’m not listening
Then the repeating lyrics
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby
Sail!
Sail with me into the dark
Sail!
First off if my interpretation of these lyrics is in any way near correct, this could easily serve as a perfect example of how I believe all lyrics should be written.
This is how I show my love: Remotely sarcastic, liike “This” is how I show my love? Almost questionably, he’s insinuating that after all has been done for him by for example God or parents, that “this” is how I show my love. Like he’s looking on it regrettably and trying to make it up to whomever.

I made it in my mind because: He made up his mind because he believes his/our way of creation has been proven to him in such a way that his mind is made up indefinitely.

This is how an angel cries: Metaphor, he believes Angels have been proven to be something else, so he no longer believes in angels as a holy being, like in a religious sense. So metaphorically they are crying.

I blame it on my own sick pride: He blames his old ignorance on being brought up pridefully, egotistically. Therefore, not seeing the facts or truth before; he takes the blame on his own sick pride.


Maybe I should cry for help: Maybe if he begs “God” or his true creator enough, he will get clarity. He will get the answers he seeks.

Maybe I should kill myself: He feels like if he kills himself, his questions will be answered, that there will no longer be turmoil because in his death his questions have to be answered.

Maybe I’m a different breed: By a different breed he means that from what he has discovered he is not just a Homo sapien, he believes he is bred with extraterrestrials. Maybe not directly but that our human race is mixed with them, that we bred with them thousands of years ago.


Maybe I’m not listening: He’s saying that the truth has been right there for him and all of us to see but we weren’t listening, as in we were blinded by what we were brought up to believe rather than to able to be open minded enough see the truth.

Blame it on my A.D.D. baby: Rather than looking like what can be considered by closed minded people to be an idiot, he blames it on A.D.D., something easy to discredit.

Sail with me into the dark: He’s inviting or asking whoever wants the knowledge he has recently discovered to come with him to get the answers. Maybe sail on a spaceship into the darkness of space.


Check out this amazing live version.



No comments:

Post a Comment